The cities of Spain, its spectacular landscapes and cultural attractions make the country one of the most popular tourist areas. There is so much to see in it that it is not clear where to start. To solve this problem, we have prepared a list of places that everyone should visit. It is useful for both tourists and those who leave for Spain forever.
- Barcelona is undoubtedly the cultural capital of Spain. The sprawling Catalan city is dotted with the bizarre architecture of Antonio Gaudi, including the Sagrada Familia, as well as museums with works by masters. For example, Pablo Picasso. In addition, you can visit the Gothic Quarter Barri Gotic and other oldest centuries-old areas of the Roman Empire. And do not forget about the wonderful nature of Barcelona: its beach and Park Guell.
- Of all the cities in Spain, Madrid is most famous for reckless parties. But this is not all that the capital has to offer with its busy neighborhoods, picturesque parks, enviable shopping and some of the best art galleries in Europe. For example, the famous Prado Museum of Fine Arts.
- Seville - one of the most beautiful Andalusian cities. It is full of romance: street cafes along cobbled streets, horse carts squeezing through pastel colored market squares. But the real sight begins at night when flamenco dancers take to the streets. With them, Plaza de Espana, Spain, becomes more fun. The main thing is that in all this revelry do not forget to visit one of the main historical buildings here - Salazar fortress of Seville.
- Valencia combines the new and the old. Here you will see both classical architecture, for example, the Cathedral and Amianto Square, as well as modern places such as the City of Arts and Sciences and the Institute of Contemporary Art. After enjoying the cityscapes, go to the nature: to the beach or to the Albufera Nature Reserve.
- San Sebastian is one of the most underrated places in Spain. But locals like no one else understand its charm: dancing and coastlines, from which are breathtaking, mountains created for hiking, and a wonderful kitchen with a main dish - pincho.
- Granada stands out from other cities in Spain. Once it was part of the Moors empire, therefore, it has an oriental fleur. There are bars where tappos are eaten, and squares where flamenco are dancing, are adjacent to Arab baths and cafes serving Moroccan tea. We recommend that you pay special attention to the Muslim Alambra Palace and the Sierra Nevada National Park.
- In the Canary Islands on the north-west coast of Africa are some of the best beaches in Spain. In addition to the salty coast, the archipelago is famous for its three national parks and other places for walking and outdoor activities. Those who prefer concrete to the green jungle are advised to visit the cities of Santa Cruz and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.